incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Incubator and Infrastructure
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:30:20 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
> > I suggest that we go further and make it a requirement
> > of graduation from the Incubator that the project
> > already has some people helping at infra@
>
> That can only apply if there are ASF Members willing to do it, because we
> don't give apmail or root access to non-Members.  And not everyone wants or
> feels competent to manage the tasks.
>
> What tasks did you have in mind?

Anything. Even just answering other users queries.
That will relieve the other infra people to attend
to the new project's core needs.

I want to instill at the beginning that we all
need to look after our own ASF - love your Infra.
If you want to participate in a project, then be
prepared to assist with the general infrastructure.

Leave the rest of this account creation type stuff
to the main infra people ...

-David