incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: The Incubator and Infrastructure
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:03:41 GMT
On Friday 02 September 2005 17:42, Leo Simons wrote:
> By all means, please help make it happen! Step 1 is subscribing to
> infrastructure _at_ apache _dot_ org, if you haven't already.

After almost 2 years of trying to find angles of helping out, I finally gave
up and unsubscribed a few weeks back.

Outsiders receives little insight how everything is done, the infrastructure
repository is closed (although the realm says "ASF Committers" it is probably
set to members) and the bits and pieces that are open, must be dug up
elsewhere.

Sorry to say, I think infra@ overload is self-inflicted, being disorganized,
non-transparent and "put out fire by hand" instead of preventive measures,
automated procedures and "product development" attitude towards the tools.

Well.... Good luck with your baby steps.

Niclas