incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: JDO2 Snapshots
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:36:43 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Otherwise, people just copy-paste a maven project.xml snippet
> and never realise what they have is not "official" apache
> stuff (yet). We don't want that.

Correct, we most certainly do not.

In fact, there was recently a similar problem with an existing project and
an unofficial snapshot that people were using.

Please note that although we have attempted to establish a balanced policy,
it is not our goal to have widespread adoption of projects that are still in
the Incubator.  We want projects to be making a focused effort to get out of
the Incubator.

> The incubator PMC certainly is not going to approve what
> happens on the servers

But we will disapprove of Incubator projects that skirt the rules.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message