incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JDO2 Snapshots
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 05:18:34 GMT
Eric Dittert wrote:

> 1) If you discourage making releases while in incubation,
>    aren't you effectively preventing projects that have,
>    through whatever mechanism, already acquired a
>    significant user base from entering the Apache fold

We do permit releases, with suitable disclaimer, etc.  But when we're
talking about automated installs of Incubator projects via Maven without
users being aware of what they are installing, that starts to cross over.
So we have a separate repository that users can configure to use, but it
takes some active effort on their part.

	--- Noel