incubator-general mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <>
Subject Re: [ftpserver] Contributing to FTPServr
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:36:35 GMT
Hi Niklas,

2005/8/17, Niklas Gustavsson <>:
> But, do you think that Apache Directory Server/MINA would be a
> appropriate home for a fully fledged FTP server? I would imagine it's
> beyond their scope.

Of course MINA could provide codecs for popular protocols like FTP and SMTP
out-of-the-box. It will take MINA to the level of full-featured
client/server development platform. We also could provide visual protocol
design tool which closely integrates with Apache ASN.1 codec. Can you
imagine that? Actually I'm thinking about proposing this to Incubator
project. :)

But you can, of course, just use MINA to program FTP server and provide it
as a separate project.