incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO2 Snapshots
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 00:26:12 GMT
Hi Brett,

On Aug 5, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/repository is not synced to ibiblio. We've
> removed all snapshots from ibiblio's Maven2 repository (though
> retaining them in the original maven one for backwards compatibility).

I don't understand what this means in terms of our ability to put jdo
snapshots into ibiblio, whence I know maven knows how to retrieve
them. If there is another publicly available repo, ok, but let's not
lose sight of the objective: to give users the ability to download
jdo via automatic processes instead of manually.

> It'd be great if you can put them up at cvs.apache.org, maybe under a
> group of org.apache.incubator.jdo?

I don't understand what this means. I don't know how, or don't have
privileges to, publish anything except via svn.

> The artifactId can remain as it
> would be, and then the group just needs to be changed if it a later
> release is made after the project has graduated.

That's  the working proposal. We change the group id from apache-jdo
to apache-jdo-incubating and leave the artifact id the same. There's
less work for developers to do to change the group id by global
search-and-destroy in the project.xml file.

> Those that want to utilise it from that repository can add the
> repository to their list of remote repositories in the
> project.properties file (something already done by Directory and
> Geronimo, for example).

If there's a tutorial page that explains how to do that, I'd sure
appreciate a pointer. I'm still learning the ropes of maven remote
repos.

Thanks,

Craig