incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [ftpserver] Contributing to FTPServr
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:30:19 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> An interesting "enhancement" would be to base it on MINA, which is a NIO
> subsystem, made to drive high volume traffic, and has an active community. It
> currently resides in Apache Directory Server project. It suits well with the
> MINA scope, and would then have a good home and not orphaned like now.
> Protocols already implemented on top of MINA (IIUC) includes LDAP, Kerberos,
> DHCP and DNS.

MINA looks very interesting, I just wrote up a prototype implementation
for FTPServer which will take us a long way to removing the Avalon
dependencies.

But, do you think that Apache Directory Server/MINA would be a
appropriate home for a fully fledged FTP server? I would imagine it's
beyond their scope.

/niklas