incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: searchable mailing list archives
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:45:01 GMT
There seems to be a couple of gotchas with the
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox archive

- The archiver's view of time is skewed compared to the mail message's
time stamp (timezone offset?), so you get some messages appearing in the
'wrong' month.  For example [1] is the list of messages on the
general@incubator list in July 2005, but at the bottom of the list the
messages are dated Aug 1.  That could trick you...

- I was looking for a specific message that is archived here [2], but I
don't see anywhere in the mod_mbox archives (Jul or Aug).  Is the
mod_mbox archive complete?

Tell me if I'm just being dumb -- otherwise I'll raise a JIRA issue on
infra.

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200507.mbox/index.html
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=incubator-general&m=112286923903658

Regards,
Tim Ellison

David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote on 05-08-2005 03:48:02:

> You could instead use a remote search service
> such as those mentioned at
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/mailinglists.html
>
> David

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)