incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Question about stdcxx development snapshots]
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:18:56 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> So, ehm, one more time,
>
> Could you peeps *please* stop using pmc@incubator.apache.org for questions
> like this? Development at apache happens in public.
> general@incubator.apache.org is the e-mail address to use for questions like
> this. Please subscribe to it, read through some of its archives, and see how
> "things are done". PMC mailing lists (and similarly PPMC mailing lists) are
> for very sensitive issues only.

I apologize for using the wrong list(s). My only excuse is that we
CC'd stdcxx-dev on our original question but got no responses. I was
misled by the Releases section of the Incubation Policy document,
specifically this sentence:

   Podlings in Incubation SHALL NOT perform any releases of software
   without the explicit approval of the Incubator PMC.

into believing that pmc@incubator.apache.org was the list where we
should turn with questions/requests regarding releases from the
incubator.

FWIW, I am subscribed to the incubator mailing list and have read
some (although obviously not all) of the past posts. I have been
using http://mail-archives.apache.org/ as the interface to browse
the archives. I don't see any way to search through them, though.
Is there a different page that I should use?

Thanks
Martin