incubator-general mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject Re: proposal for an ESB/broker project: Synapse
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:16:19 GMT
On 12 Aug 2005, at 20:57, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> On behalf of Blue Titan, Infravio, Sonic Software and WSO2 I'd like to
> make a proposal to start a new incubator project to build an ESB/
> broker.
> For details see:
>     http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/SynapseProposal
>
> Any feedback on the proposal before its taken for a vote would be
> greatly appreciated.

This looks a very interesting proposal! It certainly has my full
support.

FWIW I'm part of the ServiceMix community (http://servicemix.org/
Team) who are working on an open source, Apache 2.0 licensed ESB
based on a JBI container and component suite called ServiceMix
(http://servicemix.org). The team already contains quite a few Apache
committers, many of who are from Geronimo and we've already
integrated ServiceMix into Geronimo to provide full JBI support.

We'd be very interested in helping Synapse achieve full JBI support
(if it wants it) as we've a full JBI container and suite all ready to
integrate straight in whenever you're ready; I'm sure the ServiceMix
team will be more than happy to help create some Synapse JBI
components letting Synapse components play nice inside any JBI
container such as ServiceMix or Geronimo.

I look forward to some lurking on the Synapse lists :). By all means
if any Synapse folks are interested in JBI, please feel welcome to
lurk on the ServiceMix lists too (http://servicemix.org/Mailing+Lists).
Have the synapse mail lists been created yet?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/