incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rana Bhattacharyya <ran...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs2svn: altrmi + ftpserver
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:59:28 GMT
I was busy for the last 2 yesrs. So I could not touch
it. Anyway, I have started working on it about 2
months ago. I guess it will take one more month. These
are the things I have done.

1. Got rid of Avalon. As Avalon project is defunct,
there is no point using it.
2. Implicit and explicit SSL/TLS support.
3. Ftplet API has been implemented.
4. User defined message support.
5. Removed RMI based administrator UI. All these
things can be done using SITE command. So there is no
point complicating the server.
6. Whole new documentation.
7. Added provision to support i18n later.

The basic objective is simplicity and zero dependency
on other libraries. We should not complicate it unless
we have some compelling reasons. If you want to take a
look I can send the source code. But at this point it
is not ready to publish.

As I have done a massive refactoring, instead of
dumping the existing source we can dump the new source
after one month.

BTW, a logo and product name will be useful. I was
thinking about "Jadoo". Please do suggest what you are
thinking.