incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incorrect update of svn (Was: svn commit: r239225)
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:13:56 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Dims, there are major things wrong with your commit ...
>
> *) Need to use forrest-0.6

I see that you used 0.7 instead.

We need to stick with an agreed version, because
there are potentially many people wanting to
generate the site.

http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html#Using+a+local+Forrest+installation

If people do want to agree on a new version, then that
would be fine. I did a practise upgrade a while ago
and all is smooth.

> *) There seems to be old content that is being committed
> in site-publish - perhaps remnants from a very old version
> of Forrest, e.g. site-publish/skin/images/search-right.gif
>
> *) You need to make changes in site-author - i don't see
> any such changes here. Ah, browsing viewCVS i see a
> commit from Sanjiva that did not come to the incubator-cvs
> mailing list. That confused me. I would have done the
> site generation if i saw that.

Perhaps, the commit email is held up in moderation.

> If you don't want to do the Forrest generation then
> just add the files to site-author/project and i will
> do the rest.
>
> This revision will need to be reverted.

I will do that.

-David