incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: searchable mailing list archives
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:34:29 GMT
He still got a point though. While mod_mbox is ok for browsing (however
the index seems to be breakable just like with eyebrowse, see e.g.
INFRA-480), eyebrowse offers more functionality (like searching, sorting
by author e.g.)

Where is the problem with eyebrowse? Noone looking after it?

	Regards
		Henning

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 19:45 +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Martin Sebor wrote:
> > Martin Sebor wrote:
> >
> >> FWIW, I am subscribed to the incubator mailing list and have read
> >> some (although obviously not all) of the past posts. I have been
> >> using http://mail-archives.apache.org/ as the interface to browse
> >> the archives. I don't see any way to search through them, though.
> >> Is there a different page that I should use?
> >

> > Responding to myself:
> >
> > Yes, there is. By accident I stumbled upon this searchable mailing
> > list archive:
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listName=general@incubator.apache.org

> > Unfortunately, it's not listed on the ASF Mail Archives page that
> > I have been relying on (http://mail-archives.apache.org) or on the
> > Although to be fair, other searchable archives are listed on that
> > page.
>
> That system is deprecated. The mbox archive is taking over. Nagoya will
> be decommissioned at some point, and that eyebrowse system will be shut
> down, so don't rely upon it too much.
>
> Regards, Upayavira

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

                     4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42