incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:46:29 GMT
In it's first month+ of existence, Harmony has attracted quite a bit
of attention, and we are now settling down to resolve some of the
issues we've identified in the beginning.  We have on our website our
proposed policy framework to monitor contributions and technology
contributions.  This policy is in addition to the standard ASF policy
and we do not believe that it will cause any concerns.  It will be
posted for review by the Apache Incubator PMC before it goes into
effect, but we're working to get the last nips and tucks done.

On the technology side, there's been a slow start, in part due to the
contribution framework getting established, but I plan to push hard
for contributions now that we're almost done and people can get a
sense of how things work.

We have the following outstanding issue that I will be talking to the
Apache Incubator PMC about - parts of the community have asked that
we change our default license for mail list contributions to a
license compatible with the GPL, as the Apache License is deemed
incompatible by the FSF.  It's in our interest to ensure that we can
have the broadest participation possible, but also recognize that we
wish to balance that with the aspects of the Apache License that are
important to us.  Expect more on this soon.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message