incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178965 - /incubator/public/trunk/site-author/learn/newcommitters.html
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:16:29 GMT
On 7/7/05, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> I don't believe we should have PMC
> lists (only dev and private), which is why your scenario doesn't
> apply in my model of how a project works.

Could someone clarify on the difference between "private" and "pmc".

Is it just nomenclature, or would a private list include non-pmc
members and/or non-committers?

On some of my projects, we've started to subscribe the new committers
to pmc@. This keeps everyone in the loop and helps transition someone
from committer to pmc member. Of course, in the normal course, we
expect that all committers will be voted into the PMC.

The committers==pmc is the best goal, but in practice it often makes
better sense to step someone up from developer to committer to PMC
member, rather than try to do it in one fell swoop.

-Ted.