incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:54:41 GMT
On Jul 28, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Danese Cooper wrote:

> Been watching this debate and thought I should chime in that Sun has
> more than one community where the *source* is under one license (say
> LGPL for instance) but the *mail lists* are explicitly under more
> liberal terms of use.  Why are you all assuming that they mail list
> must be under a source code license?

It is a contributor's license, not a source code license.
It is currently left to common sense except when common sense
is obscured, at which point we slap

    http://www.apache.org/licenses/proposed/community.txt

on the subscription info to make it clear.

Sun uses joint-copyright agreements from all contributors, so
the mailing list terms don't matter.

....Roy