incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178965 - /incubator/public/trunk/site-author/learn/newcommitters.html
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:42:55 GMT
At 12:16 PM 7/7/2005, Ted Husted wrote:
>On 7/7/05, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
>> I don't believe we should have PMC
>> lists (only dev and private), which is why your scenario doesn't
>> apply in my model of how a project works.
>
>Could someone clarify on the difference between "private" and "pmc".

I can take this question, I was paying attention :)

Roy has been concerned for a -long- while that too much traffic
occurs on pmc, and believes it's frequently abused.

He's proposed that we change to private@ to make it perfectly
clear that only private communications occurs there, and all the
other day-to-day business of the pmc would be more likely to occur
on the dev list if the list's name wasn't so abstract.

And, I concur.

Bill