incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:38:52 GMT
--On July 28, 2005 12:34:02 PM -0400 "Geir Magnusson Jr."
<geirm@apache.org> wrote:

> The modified BSD, X11, and the Intel license are GPL compatible :)

EDONTCARE.

The license on our projects is ALv2.  It isn't X11 or BSD or anything else.
(Not to mention, they have *substantially* weaker protections than ALv2.)

Attempting to move Apache Harmony to be licensed by anything other than
ALv2 should be rejected out-of-hand.  Furthermore, we should not be
creating licensing confusion because the GPL folks think it's a good idea.
-- justin