incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed Jul 27 23:46:19 2005
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:01:11 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Resolved Issues
>     o All projects under incubation must use a STATUS file (or a
>       status.xml file if the project prefers XML) that contains
>       information the PMC needs about the project. This file must
>       live at the root of the project cvs module
>       (http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=general@incubator.apache.org&by=thread&from=504543)
 >   -- Are they tracking progress in the file
 >
 >       incubator/projects/{project_name}/STATUS

There are two requirements for a status file: one mentioned in this
STATUS report as well as in the Ongoing Activities section of the
Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Ongoing+Activities%0D
and another mentioned in the Use of Apache Resources section of the
same document:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Use+of+Apache+Resources

I looked for an example of what the STATUS file should look like
but I've only found one such file in the approximate location
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/beehive/STATUS).

Could someone clarify whether the STATUS file is in fact required
or whether a Web page with the same content is sufficient?

Thanks
Martin