incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Derby as sub-project of Apache DB
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:42:40 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Has the Derby project engaged suitable DB PMC members as committers and PPMC
> members, to enhance oversight and increase cross-pollination ??  (Sorry if
> this has been mentioned before, but I have not followed the details of
> Derby.)

DB PMC members have been with Derby from the start and have actively
been involved in its incubation. Derby has cross pollinated with other
Apache projects such as Geronimo and JDO (also under incubation by the
DB PMC).

THe last time the issue of graduation was raised the primary concern was
that the project lacked a diversity of committers having added only one
from outside IBM. Since then we have added one independent, three from
Sun and continue see a diversity on the dev and user lists that should
lead to even more committers in the near future.

I believe Derby has demonstrated Apache's community values and is ready
to graduate.

+1

--
Jeremy