incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:20:03 GMT

On Jul 28, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On July 28, 2005 12:34:02 PM -0400 "Geir Magnusson Jr."
> <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> The modified BSD, X11, and the Intel license are GPL compatible :)
>>

> EDONTCARE.
>
> The license on our projects is ALv2.  It isn't X11 or BSD or
> anything else. (Not to mention, they have *substantially* weaker
> protections than ALv2.)
>
> Attempting to move Apache Harmony to be licensed by anything other
> than ALv2 should be rejected out-of-hand.  Furthermore, we should
> not be creating licensing confusion because the GPL folks think
> it's a good idea. -- justin

Note that we're not talking about changing the license on our
project.  Please try to include enough context so that it's not
misleading.

The discussion is related to creating a policy for contributions made
to the *mail list* that works for everyone.  No decisions have been
made.

geir

geirm@apache.org