incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Harmony Podlling Quarterly Report
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:33:51 GMT
On Monday 01 August 2005 02:05, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >   Having our codebase in SVN under anything
> > but the Apache License is going to be a non-starter.
>
> Yeah, it would be a shame if we had to move the SVN repository to
> somewhere else. Maybe we should just hope we keep harmony bug free till
> the ASF and FSF board come to an agreement how to handle the
> incompatibility. It looks like it won't be that hard since everybody now
> at least sees what the subtle issues with the patent termination clause
> are and they seem to be actually talking. Creative legal thinking seems
> to be popular with geeks so lets hope for the best.

Isn't it possible that the ASF mailing lists and policies stay the way they
are, and that each of the Harmony contributors provide a LGPL license
separately for all code/patches provided (in advance or each post) for the
GPL peeps to be able to use the material and output of such discussions ??

Possible is also that JIRA is equipped to reject all submissions that doesn't
contain both license notices.

Sounds like a lot more straight forward process to me, than going via another
license, with potential legal hassle down the line.

MY 2sen.

Cheers
Niclas