incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178965 - /incubator/public/trunk/site-author/learn/newcommitters.html
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:06:37 GMT
On Wednesday 06 July 2005 15:49, David Crossley wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > [snip]... What the vote does is three things:
> >
> >   1) it provides a legally binding, public decision of the project;
> I am confused by that statement. We conduct our committer votes on
> the project's private mailing list, following a procedure that
> our PMC has agreed upon. Our PMC is the group that makes our decisions,
> and everyone in the group is on that mailing list. Is that not legal?

I think Roy meant; The public list is transparent and is available in public
mail archives for anyone to scrutinize. The private PMC lists are not open to
outsiders, hence not a good way to promote transparency.
(Not sure what needs to be 'legal' in this case, since IMHO this is internal
affairs of ASF, that doesn't break any laws. :o) )

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message