incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178965 - /incubator/public/trunk/site-author/learn/newcommitters.html
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:49:06 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> [snip]... What the vote does is three things:
>
>   1) it provides a legally binding, public decision of the project;

I am confused by that statement. We conduct our committer votes on
the project's private mailing list, following a procedure that
our PMC has agreed upon. Our PMC is the group that makes our decisions,
and everyone in the group is on that mailing list. Is that not legal?

A note for the mail archives: there is a parallel thread at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111936409900007

-David