incubator-general mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject WS-Security / TSIK (Re: [VOTE] Graduate Beehive into a TLP)
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06:31 GMT
Simon,

This is not the right forum, we should move this to legal-discuss. i
will answer here since we are still treating TSIK under incubation.

All public knowledge about about WS-Security are just "claims"[1]. No
one has given us OR made any public statement of specific patents
(from BM/MSFT/Versign) that are applicable to WS-Security. If u ask me
it is FUD till they tell us which patents are infringed. Please note
that the IPR statement is dated "OASIS 26 June 2002". So EVEN if they
have applications pending on that date, they would have been resolved
one way or another by now. BUT yet, there is stony silence on which
specific patents are in question.

thanks,
dims

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wss/ipr.php