incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Preferred list for Commiter Votes
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:06:50 GMT
At 09:16 AM 6/21/2005, Ted Husted wrote:

>Is it mandatory that Committer votes be held on a public list?

The Foundation is modeled after the "Apache Group", which always
held discussion of individuals on private 'core' lists.

>Or is the decision between pmc@ and dev@ left to the discretion of a PMC?

The board has never seen fit to intervene, so I guess it's up to
the discretion of the PMC.  That said, I'd suggest it's not a good
thing to discuss on dev@, since only the PMC has any say over who
becomes a committer, and PMC members will rarely raise specific
objections (necessary to make an educated decision) on the public list.

That said, the list archives become available to an individual,
once they become a member.  So some tact is always a good idea :)

Bill