incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Feit <richard.f...@bea.com>
Subject Re: releasing from incubator? -- was: Re: a beehive release and the JSR 181 TCK issue
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:59:48 GMT
It seems like adding "Incubating" to the name of the release would
prevent this from smelling like official ASF code, or even from smelling
like fully-baked code.  I think we're all for that -- our main goal is
to fulfill the requirements for exiting the Incubator, not to languish
there doing non-official releases.  Concurrent with that, we hope that
releasing stable code will help us build dev community (along the lines
of what Dan wrote on this thread earlier).

Noel asked earlier:

>You did do http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/beehive/v1.0m1/, so what is
>the "this release" to which you refer?

I just meant whatever "release" we were debating calling an "Official
Release".  Eddie suggested in beehive-dev a few days ago that we should
put out a release of NetUI/Controls, so people could try out stable
versions of those two technologies without waiting until WSM can
obtain/pass the JSR181 TCK.

Rich