incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <>
Subject Re: releasing from incubator? -- was: Re: a beehive release and the JSR 181 TCK issue
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:06:40 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> Here is my opinion on the whole release issue, which has not changed
> in 18 months since the first big discussion of releases and incubation
> branding.

Maybe folks are confused by this sentence in the 'Minimum Exit
Requirements' section.

Note: incubator projects are not permitted to issue an official Release.
Test snapshots (however good the quality) and Release plans are OK.

Maybe it should be removed? It does tend to contradict the bullet it is
under. :-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message