incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: releasing from incubator? -- was: Re: a beehive release and the JSR 181 TCK issue
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:06:40 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> Here is my opinion on the whole release issue, which has not changed
> in 18 months since the first big discussion of releases and incubation
> branding.

[snip]

Maybe folks are confused by this sentence in the 'Minimum Exit
Requirements' section.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Minimum+Exit+Requirements

<quote>
Note: incubator projects are not permitted to issue an official Release.
Test snapshots (however good the quality) and Release plans are OK.
</quote>

Maybe it should be removed? It does tend to contradict the bullet it is
under. :-)

Dan.