incubator-general mailing list archives

From Milos Kleint <mkle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for a centralized Eclipse update manager site for Apache projects/software
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 16:54:43 GMT
if I want to use commons-logging as a Netbeans module/Eclipse plugin
(meaning my own module/plugin references commons-logging codebase),
then I need to bundle it myself a either part of my plugin or as a
separate one.
Having it as separate plugin has the advantage that multiple plugins
can reuse the same classes just by declaring a dependency on the
commons-logging plugin, whereas when I cobundle it as part of my
plugin it's not reusable by others.

actually maven should be able to generate eclipse plugin/netbeans
module binaries for any given project. (the maven plugins for that are
stored at mevenide.codehaus.org)

Regards

Milos kleint