incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cliff Schmidt <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator - Sandbox
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 21:38:09 GMT
On 5/13/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@optonline.net> wrote:

> On May 13, 2005, at 3:46 AM, Martin Marinschek wrote:
> > The problem is that many components for JSF are developed outside of
> > Apache, some by small independent developers, some at sourceforge,
> > some in large corporations, and we really don't want to setup a
> > separate incubator subproject for each and every such component that
> > ends up donated to MyFaces - the administrative overhead would just be
> > to high...
> >

> > Any suggestions how we could solve that problem?
>
> Any code that comes in has to come in under apache license w/ proper
> contribution agreement.
>
> But after that, you can organize it however you want.  Make a sandbox
> directory in your svn for example?

I agree with Geir, but add that you'd only need an incubator
subproject if the code could not be supported by the current MyFaces
community.  However, if the MyFaces PMC feels that the community
already exists to maintain the new code contribution, then there's no
need for an incubator subproject.

Cliff