incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [vote] beehive v1 milestone 1 release
Date Sun, 29 May 2005 00:57:40 GMT
Eddie O'Neil wrote:

> I'd thought that creating the installers from the branch would be
> sufficient preparation work.  :)

No.  Sorry, but you really can't expect people to go searching for binaries
and assume that they are what you plan to release.  :-)

> Those binaries are here:
>   http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/beehive/nightlies/20050526/

So, to be clear, this is what you'd like voted upon?

Please add the incubation notice file in the directories, not just in the
packages.

Did you mean to leave svn.rev files in there?  Also, unless it is my ZIP
tool, you appear to have an extra level of directory structure at the root
of the .zip.

> The only difference between this and the actual release was going
> to be some additional documentation.

That's fine.  Some projects are more sticklers than others.

	--- Noel