incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: better docs for new committer procedure
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 18:23:54 GMT
Jackrabbit is following the procedures of the original Apache Group
in adding new committers.  We nominate them first on the
jackrabbit-private mailing list (which includes all of the existing
Jackrabbit committers and any members who want to help incubation)
and, if there are no objections, perform a formal vote in public.

I found that process to be more encouraging of new community members
than the current httpd habit of doing the vote in private and
simply giving the person commit access without so much as a notice
on the public list saying that they had earned it.

Because incubator is the project, we need 3 +1s from the incubator
PMC in order to validate our vote and add a new account.

....Roy