incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@bea.com>
Subject Re: releasing from incubator? -- was: Re: a beehive release and the JSR 181 TCK issue
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 12:29:28 GMT

   CIL...

Leo Simons wrote:
> On 31-05-2005 03:51, "Eddie O'Neil" <ekoneil@bea.com> wrote:
>
>>   I've heard a couple of times that it's not possible to do a -final
>>release from the Incubator, but I've also heard some suggest that it
>>could be possible.
>

> Nope.

Okay, so I take it there's a difference between an "Official Release"
and a "-final" release?  Is an "Official Release" just something that a
project can call itself but doesn't mean anything specific in Apache
parlance?

Just learning...apologies for the naivety.

>>   Didn't Derby do one of these in December 2004 as per:
>>
>>http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Official+Releases
>

> Nope. AFAICT They followed
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases%0D
>
> Correctly.

Agreed!  I didn't see anything there that would imply otherwise and
wasn't at all trying to suggest that there was.  Thanks for the
clarification.

Eddie