incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: OpenPGP C Library, WAS: Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache TSIK
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 13:50:49 GMT
Sander Striker wrote:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
>
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>>> There is a proposed "PGP" package being discussed in Jakarta
>>> Commons.  Would
>>> there be any overlap at lower levels (not at the WS layer) between them,
>>> providing for some collaboration?
>>

>> This strikes me as orthogonal, but it might be of interest that I'm
>> currently working on a to-be-BSD-licensed (or equivalent) PGP C library.
>> BTW, its properly called OpenPGP.

Since I answered these questions in IRC, I'll do so again here:

> Ah, interesting... any chance you are going to propose that to be housed
> at the ASF?

If there's sufficient interest, I am certainly permitted to.

> Are you currently developing somewhere I can follow along?

No :-)

Well, seriously, if individuals want to play, I can grant them access to
the SVN repo. I don't want to get into full-blown project maintenance
until we have something a little more useful laid down.

Cheers,

Ben.