incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Apache TSIK
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 04:10:33 GMT
First - I'm +1 on this (with the concomitant committment to help out -
I'll even mentor if necessary, although my time is often limited at the
moment).

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> This looks alright, but I have some questions.  First, why isn't the WS PMC
> sponsoring this as WS-TSIK?

The XML Security team probably an equivalent level of overlap to the WS
project.  The proposal discusses xml-sig/xml-enc and XKMS, all of which
are worked on in xml-security.  But looking at the amount of stuff in
there, I'd almost suggest this might be the catalyst for creating the
broader XML security project - which I know I have talked about on and
off for a while :>.

Cheers,
	Berin