incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX voting summary
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 23:39:34 GMT
--On Friday, May 20, 2005 9:58 AM -0700 Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I also didn't vote, but would vote +1.  Maybe I'm too much of a
> stickler for process, but I was waiting for a [VOTE] email to
> follow-up on the "Proposal" thread.  Although I realize it's not
> uncommon for a proposal thread to end up looking a lot like a bunch of
> votes.

The proposals I've seen on list recently (i.e. Harmony) had replies with votes
to the initial proposal.  This is also the way dev@httpd works: people post a
proposal and then people reply with votes to that proposal.  There is usually
no 'Vote' thread (unless for some reason it is *really* contentious which has
probably happened once since I've been there).

I view the explicit 'tally' email as the only real requirement to ensure that
no one has their votes miscounted and that a sufficient quorum exists to
proceed.  IMHO, an explicitly separate 'Vote' thread is overkill and serves no
real purpose.  -- justin