incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject better docs for new committer procedure
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 07:28:12 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:
> >>There is no need to Cc this to general@incubator.
> >>This stuff is a concern of the project.
> >
> >OK, I'm sorry for that, just learning the correct procedures...
>
> No need to be sorry -- David is confused.  Incubator is the project
> right now and is responsible for the addition of new committers.
> You did the right thing.

Wow, this is an interesting event. I had better go search the
rest of the archives, but i don't recall many committer votes
coming to this list. A quick scan shows three "vote" threads
that refer to committers in the last five months. Does that
mean that not many committers get added during incubation.
Perhaps its that most incubating projects don't Cc to general.

> >Based on previous committer votes I was under the impression that the
> >Incubator PMC should participate in the vote. Am I wrong ([1] doesn't
> >mention this) or should I have Cc:d pmc@ instead?
>
> No, we never cc a private list.  general is where the incubator PMC
> discusses and makes decisions.

Sorry for spreading confusion Jukka, but better docs
should arise from this.

We need to enhance
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html
and link to other docs at /foundation/ and /dev/

--David