incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Fwd: [PROPOSAL] Apache TSIK
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 04:24:32 GMT
Do I understand correctly that this is a basically complete package that
is being donated to Apache? Does it have its own SOAP stack ..
o.a.tsik.messaging? If not how does this stuff plug into say Axis?

So my concerns are:
- does it use Axis? If not what's the connection to anything we
currently have?
- it appears to have its own addressing impl too?
- same concerns for xml-security stuff - is this just a competitor (==>
split community in my mind)
- is there any roadmap with Axis2? Otherwise is it a permanent alternate
path? (o.a.tsik.domutil and AXIOM seem to have some overlap too?)
- If yes, I am concerned having a permanent split is not the most
healthy thing for the Apache developer community.

Also, only two developers for all this code?? There's a *lot* of work in
the codebase for 2 people to properly develop a community around isn't
it? (XPath, XML encryption, XML signature, messaging, addressing, ...)

I'd like to see some answers before saying +1.

Sanjiva.