incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: Harmony: project purpose
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 09:21:37 GMT
Hi Doug,

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 12:00 -0400, Doug Lea wrote:
> I think the brilliance of Geir's move here is that all of
> FSF, Sun, IBM, BEA, etc now have equal motivation to change
> their licensing so that they can participate. I hope they all
> do.

If you reveal the secret plan, it isn't secret anymore... :)

But yes, I can confirm that the FSF GNU Classpath project will make sure
that their license will be GPL and APL compatible. And we hope that
everything that comes out of the Harmony project will be acceptable to
both the GNU and Apache communities.

Cheers,

Mark