incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject [RESULT][VOTE] Whether to graduate Derby from the incubator
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:35:16 GMT
It is clear that there is no consensus for Derby to graduate at this time
due to the makeup of the Committer base.  But while the volume of debate
that has been part of the vote suggests that the call to vote was a bit
premature, it is quite clear that there is great respect and anticipation
for the Derby project.

Personally, I am quite pleased and impressed with Derby's stewards.  The
community may not have the makeup, yet, to graduate, but this discussion has
engendered a very good and active discussion amongst the Derby PPMC, and I
am quite happy with the attitudes that I've seen there.  I won't name names
since the discussions have been on their PPMC list, but every single
participant has impressed me with his or her attitude and approach.  The
result of those discussions will be an improved and stronger Derby
community, and one that we will be happy to have as a graduated project.

If Derby follows up with their current direction, I see no reason not to
expect a similar vote to pass come Summer-time.

So let's give the Derby community time to execute its plans, and if people
want to discuss community standards, please refocus the discussion on the
generic, not Derby.

And please, let's try to watch our e-mail tone.  I understand that people
feel passionately about things, but while we may wrestle with issues, we
should assume that everyone has the best interests of both the ASF and each
Incubator project in mind, and that no one is trying to treat anyone or any
project unfairly (or specially).

	--- Noel