incubator-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Article on JAXP 1.3 [Re: xml-commons upgradation to JAXP 1.3 complete [Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache]]
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:21:02 GMT
Hello All,

Sometimes back i wrote an article on JAXP 1.3 which explains the new
concepts and important features introduced in JAXP 1.3
Especially the new

- Schema Validation Framework
- Object model neutral XPath APIs
- XML Schema Datatypes etc.

Advantages of New Schema Validation Framework and how the new API works
has been explained with code snippets and diagram.
New XPath APIs have also been explained. Article is available at
https://jaxp.dev.java.net/article/jaxp-1_3-article.html

- Neeraj

Neeraj Bajaj wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> xml-commons has been upgraded to JAXP 1.3 APIs.
> If anyone could try and confirm that would be great.
>
> - Neeraj
>
> Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
>
>> I tagged xml-commons module yesterday with tag name
>> '*before-jaxp13-upgradation*'.
>>
>> I plan to do the following but i will wait till tomorrow so as to
>> give chance to the community
>> to correct me if i am doing something wrong.
>>
>> * update javax.xml.*, org.xml.sax*, org.w3c.dom.* sources under
>> xml-commons/java/external/src directory
>> with JAXP 1.3 API sources.
>>
>> Currently in xml-commons there are sources like org.w3c.dom.views.*
>> which are not part of JAXP 1.3
>> I won't remove those sources. they will be as it is.
>>
>> * Make changes in xml-commons/java/external/build.xml file so as to
>> upgrade
>> JAXP 1.1 --> JAXP 1.3
>> DOM2 --> DOM3
>> SAX2 --> (SAX) 2.0.2 (sax2r3)
>>
>> * Make updated javax.xml.* , org.xml.sax.* , org.w3c.dom.* sources
>> available as xml-apis.jar.
>>
>> Anything else i should take care ?
>>
>> - Neeraj
>>

>> Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
>>
>>> Geir, I have uploaded sources at the same location
>>> (xml-commons/contrib/jaxp13)
>>> with Apache 2.0 license on every source file.
>>>
>>> - Neeraj

AM:

ASAP (after

trunk,

> [...]