incubator-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:03:36 GMT
I tagged xml-commons module yesterday with tag name
'*before-jaxp13-upgradation*'.

I plan to do the following but i will wait till tomorrow so as to give
chance to the community
to correct me if i am doing something wrong.

* update javax.xml.*, org.xml.sax*, org.w3c.dom.* sources under
xml-commons/java/external/src directory
with JAXP 1.3 API sources.

Currently in xml-commons there are sources like org.w3c.dom.views.*
which are not part of JAXP 1.3
I won't remove those sources. they will be as it is.

* Make changes in xml-commons/java/external/build.xml file so as to upgrade
JAXP 1.1 --> JAXP 1.3
DOM2 --> DOM3
SAX2 --> (SAX) 2.0.2 (sax2r3)

* Make updated javax.xml.* , org.xml.sax.* , org.w3c.dom.* sources
available as xml-apis.jar.

Anything else i should take care ?

- Neeraj

Neeraj Bajaj wrote:

> Geir, I have uploaded sources at the same location
> (xml-commons/contrib/jaxp13)
> with Apache 2.0 license on every source file.
>
> - Neeraj
>
> Neeraj Bajaj wrote:
>
>> Ok, So i will add it and upload again.
>>
>> - Neeraj
>>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>>> yes - these files must be available under the apache license v2.
>>> And  the license grantor should be the one that adds it.
>>>
>>> Sorry Neeraj :)
>>>
>>> geir

Xalan. I

can commit the

> [...]