incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <>
Subject Re: nutch graduation?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:01:21 GMT
On Apr 18, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Is that what I should file?

Yes, at least for now.

> I suppose we could also transfer the Nutch copyright, trademark, logo,
> etc. if desired.  Nutch does not have a registered trademark.  I don't
> know whether any of this is worthwhile.  The Nutch non-profit
> corporation will be disbanded once Nutch graduates.

You should definitely perform a complete transfer (assign all rights
and interest to those things) to the ASF *before* disbanding.  In most
states that is a legal requirement for nonprofit corporations and
you might get in trouble if you did not handle it formally.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message