incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:14:14 GMT
On Mar 7, 2005, at 8:05 AM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> Is there any opposition or reservations in relation to the log4net
> snapshot release mentioned by Nicko and myself a few days ago?
>
> If not could we allow log4net to move forward?

If the subproject has cleared its IP issues sufficient to make
a release, then it really should be graduated from incubator first.
After all, the logging PMC is already established and should take
custody of the code before we make a release (unlike TLP incubating
projects that may be waiting for a community to be established).

I will note, however, that

    http://incubator.apache.org/projects/log4net.html

indicates that none of the IP issues have been cleared, and thus
we cannot release the code.  -1

....Roy