incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate iBATIS and recommend as TLP
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:17:24 GMT
I've not been following the iBatis incubation closely (as they
expressed a preference to not go under DB, and, while I quite like
iBatis, only have so much time) but if they have a range of
sub-projects already, and a sufficient developer community, a TLP makes
sense from my perspective.

I think this brings up the discussion of a strict hierarchy *not* being
the best design for the ASF from a development/communication
perspective, even if it is the best fit from a legal responsibility
point of view =) That is a topic which has been beaten on a lot though,
so I'd prefer to not rehash it again.

Speaking as a DB PMC member, I'd still welcome iBatis under the DB
umbrella, and am completely confident the rest of the PMC would as
well. The size and scope of the project is at least as large as other
TLP's though, and I cannot imagine they'd have trouble keeping
themselves in business that way -- especially with the experienced ASF
hands who are already involved.

Whatever works best for everyone involved =)

-Brian

ps: Another Vonnegut fan!