incubator-general mailing list archives

From Cliff Schmidt <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prepping for Derby graduation vote
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:05:52 GMT
It sounds like people involved with the project are happy with the
user community and the process being followed by the Derby committers,
and it's great they've added a committer since starting Incubation.

However, the committer diversity issue has been raised as an issue by
at least a couple folks.  While it looks like they meet the
requirement to have committers from at least three independent
organizations (I believe Noel and Jeremy are the two who are
independent from IBM), the other question that has been asked of
projects requesting graduation is:

If a single vendor/individual was to drop their contribution for some
reason, is there sufficient independent community to continue the
project?

Cliff