incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Graduate Derby from the incubator
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 02:58:10 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:

> -1

> I am surprised that people think the committer diversity
> issues are not an issue for graduation.

Actually, I agree with you, and others have expressed the same concern,
although without casting a vote.  Adding new Committers is probably the #1
issue facing the Derby project, which has otherwise performed excellently to
date.  As even Jeremy pointed out, were IBM to withdraw (however unlikely)
from Derby, it would be a serious blow.

I have great respect for everyone involved in the Derby project, but I don't
believe that special consideration should be given.  That is a slipperly
slope, which would cause other projects to either ask for the same special
consideration or cry foul about favoritism.

	--- Noel