incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: log4net related IP questions
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:32:23 GMT
> what is the foundation's position on distributing code
> which depends on the following environments?

> - Mono 1.0 (GPL)
> - Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 & 1.1 & Compact Framework 1.0 (Closed
Source)
> - Microsoft SSCLI 1.0 (Shared Source)

How does that differ from code that depends upon Java, or even worse, uses
MS-Windows APIs?  At least in theory, those are ISO standard APIs, right?

If Nicko's comment that "The binary interface and library definitions are
specified by an ECMA/ISO standard regardless of the underlying
implementation" is correct, then we are probably fine, since we do not ship
any of the Microsoft code.