incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: log4net 1.2.9 beta release
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:39:17 GMT
Nicko Cadell wrote:

> What form must the disclaimer take?

The form you found in the Incubation Policy documentation.

> The incubation disclaimer is on the front page of the documentation
> included with the package, in the doc/index.html file. Is this not
> prominently displayed enough? must we also include a README file?

You expect someone to RTFM?  ;-)  Yes, there should be a README or similar
notice file in both the directory and the package.

> Are there any other issues that would prevent the package from being
release?

See Roy's message about the need to update the status file.  One would
expect that this is simply an oversight, and that the Logging PMC did not
vote for a release with IP issues still open.

	--- Noel