incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer Documentation
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:08:43 GMT
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:17:25 +0530, Vikas Singhal <VikasSi@interrait.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am a technical writer with an experience of more than three years. I want
> to contribute to the foundation in terms of documentation.
>
> I am willing to work on projects that either have no documentation or
> minimal documentation. Can anyone help me in identifying such projects?
>
> Thanks,
> -Vikas

The Agila project is a new workflow engine that could use
documentation (currently none).  See:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/agila.html

I'm working on new documentation for the Excalibur project
(http;//excalibur.apache.org) and we would always love more help.

The process of contributing documentation will be slightly different
for each project.  In general you'll have to check out the site source
documents (generally XML) and then submit patches to the developer
team.  Alternatively, most projects have a wiki site
(http://wiki.apache.org) to which you can contribute directly without
having an Apache account.

--
  jaaron